Sunday, March 27, 2011

Our Heroes: Barney Stinson


Barney Stinson
“Our Heroes” is a new feature here at Brosome where we’re going to write once a week about guys who inspire us. They might be TV characters, successful men, dudes who scored successful women and so on. Great was not enough for the first article of this feature and we decided to go for something awesome and the most awesome guy in the world is Barney Stinson, of course.
If you’re familiar with Barney from How I met Your Mother, then you’re a fan of Barney. To know him is to love him and not in the awkward dude-on-dude way.  In the show, Barney Stinson is a confident womanizer at around thirty who wears almost always a suit and likes girls with Daddy issues and is willing to listen to them and offer his opinion to reach his goal. We’d all do that, right?
He will always attempt to manipulate a situation so that it goes his way and he lives by his own rules from the Bro Code, a book which contains a set of rules for bros to follow. The book was actually published a couple of years ago and I received it as a birthday gift from a chick last year but back then I haven’t heard about or seen any episode from How I met your Mother.
The Bro Code was an inspiration for me and even though I didn’t had a clue who was Barnabus Stinson when I’ve seen the first episode of the show I knew he’s the one and I got totally addicted to the show. I even think it should be focused more on Barney because every episode where he’s the center of attention is a lot funnier than the rest.


Barney has a sacred “Playbook” in which he has all his con-artist scenarios designed to seduce a woman and he always seems to find different way to pick up a chick. His most common method of picking up women however is by telling them elaborate and completely false stories about himself and those girls always seem to believe what he’s saying.
He likes challenges and he’s always ready to prove his worth and he’s always highly motivated and even had a custom-made motivational poster for Awesomeness for his office. I had made one too and it’s looking pretty great in here together with the “my first million” poster.
Anyway, if you haven’t seen the show yet, I recommend you to see it, at least the first episode because that’s just enough to get totally addicted to the show and of course, to Barney. A friend of mine even had a four days non-stop How I met your Mother marathon after I told him about this show.
Since Barney is a source of inspiration for all of us, we’ve decided to add some of his greatest quotes in the end.
Awesomeness
  • “When I get sad, I just stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story!”
  • “God, it’s me, Barney. What up? I know we don’t talk much, but I know a lot of girls call out your name because of me.”
  • “Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I’m awesome. I’m your bro—I’m Broda!”
  • “Suits are full of joy. They’re the sartorial equivalent of a baby’s smile.”
  • “The only reason to wait a month for sex is if she’s 17 years, 11 months old.”
  • “In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland.”
  • “There are only two reasons to date a girl you’ve already dated: breast implants.”
  • “It’s gonna be legend-… wait for it… and I hope you’re not lactose intolerant because the second half of that word is DAIRY!”
  • “Here’s the mini-cherry on top of the regular cherry on top of the sundae of awesomeness that is my life.”
  • “There’s a series of steps when it comes to forgetting a woman… from her bed to the door, NEXT!”
  • “That was the night I was born. I rose like a phoenix from her mentholated bosom and strode into the world, Armani-clad and fully awesome.”

No comments:

Post a Comment